Ayurveda has a history of healing and bringing a balance between your mind and body, and this history is 5000 years. This was a way of living back then, not just a cure to our day to day health-related problems including some of the severe injuries or diseases.
Ayurveda has been a part of our daily way of living from centuries, and even after the invasion of the foreign invaders who tried to curb this old art of natural healing. But it is not easy to take away the way of living or knowledge that had been transferred from generation to generation.
Therefore, Ayurveda is getting its essence all over the world from India, and it is getting popularly used to cure various ailments related to body and mind.
How Ayurveda benefits your system?
Ayurveda is one of the most effective ancient arts of healing. This origin helped other types of the ancient form of medicines to progress and develop further, like the traditional Chinese medicines and Tibetan medicine.
This is one of the most ancient forms of medicine that is still in existence. Ayurveda was used for the overall health benefits by Greeks as well.
Let’s understand Ayurveda and how Ayurveda can help to fight various health issues like diabetes, skin related problems, insomnia, inflammation, bloating, flushing out toxins from your bodies, stress, and excess weight loss.
Ayurveda originated in India, and today people from all over the world use Ayurveda as a way of being healthy and fight various diseases. The meaning of Ayurveda is the ‘science of life,’ and the meaning comes from the name itself.
The word Ayurveda is a combination of two words, ‘Ayur,’ means life, and ‘Veda,’ means science or knowledge.
The Ayurveda is not just an ancient way of healing various health-related problems, but Ayurveda focuses on making you realize the full potential of your body. Ayurveda helps you connect, and bring the balance of health between your mind, body and spirit, environment, and mind.
Saying that Ayurveda is just another medical process to help you heal with various ailments would not do justice without knowing the potential of Ayurveda in your life. This is a way of living to find your mind and body its full potential by bringing a balance between them and working to your optimum level. And you will not find this in any other form of medicines.
This is a form of medicines that not only involve various types of herbs (medicinal plants) but also use ghee, milk, butter, rock salts and honey to heal many diseases.
Ayurveda provides medicines with specialities like:
- Kaayachikitsa (Internal Medicine)
- Shalya-chikitsa (Surgery)
- Rasayanam (Rejuvenation)
- Shalakya (Disease located above the shoulder)
- Kaumarabhrutyam (Paediatrics)
- Agadatantram (Toxicology)
- Bhutavidya (Psychiatry),
Benefits of Ayurvedic medicines:
Before using these methods for various problems, you can also consult an Ayurveda consultant to get more information based on your health problem and to avoid any confusion.
- Weight loss: Ayurveda help to bring balance to your physical and emotional stability, and this helps to get rid of the excessive fat and weight effectively. Ayurvedic medicines can also help to purify skin and tone your skin.
If you are looking for a diet plan, then you can also consult an Ayurveda consultant or doctor to get the best possible diet plan, and that will help you get rid of:
- Poor blood circulation.
- Toxins in your body.
- Excess fat from tissues.
- Body odour.
- High cholesterol level.
- Reduces Inflammation: Inflammation occur because of poor food consumption and lack of sleep. This involves herbal treatments, and this will help to get rid of excessive inflammation. Herbs that are used to reduce the inflammation are ginger, Ashwagandha, turmeric and Boswellia.
The Boswellia is used to get rid of arthritis, acute back pain, and bowel disease. And turmeric is a powerful antioxidant, and this helps to reduce the inflammation.
Then comes another herb, Ashwagandha that helps to rejuvenate your system and helps to increase mental strength and healthy thinking.
- Stress Buster: As per Vedic knowledge, Ayurveda and yoga are known to be interconnected with each other. Both play a vital role to maintain overall health and to prevent you from stress, anxiety and depression.
Yoga and Ayurveda are a way to understand how your consciousness is related to the inner workings of the universe.
In Ayurveda, they use three things to help you get rid of stress:
Meditation: This is a process that helps you tremendously to reduce your stress hormones and to feel relaxed.
Dinacharya: This is another practise that helps to bring peace of mind, and you need to practise this before the sun rises.
Green tea: Green tea is known to be really helpful to prevent and reduce the stress level because of its L-theanine properties that work to reduce anxiety and calm you.
- Balances Hormones: Imbalance of hormones can lead to so many severe symptoms, especially in women that may lead to irregular periods, period cramps and pain, pregnancy-related problem, even problem while conceiving and unwanted body hair in an odd area.
In Ayurveda, they use some herbs to prevent and cure the imbalance of hormonal imbalance, this treatment also includes some exercises regularly, proper rest, enough sleep, and healthy food intake on time.
Even body massages work amazing in Ayurveda to bring a balance of hormones and to Detox your system. If you want some medicines, then you can also consult an Ayurvedic doctor directly.
We are glad to share this beneficial information related to Ayurvedic treatment for Sciatica and various ailments.