Fix: HP Accelerometer Doesn’t Work in This Version of Windows


This App can’t run on this PC.

 HP accelerometer doesn’t work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available.

Recently, a lot of Windows 10 users report that they receive the above-mentioned error message HP Accelerometer doesn’t work in this version of Windows. If you also come across this error, here are steps you could follow to fix the HP Accelerometer doesn’t work in Windows 10 problem.

Step by Step Guide to Fix HP Accelerometer Doesn’t Work in This Version of Windows

To resolve the HP Accelerometer doesn’t work in Windows 10 error, you could try out the steps below:

Step 1. Uninstall HP Accelerometer

To uninstall the HP Accelerometer, open Control Panel > click Programs and Features > right-click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard > click Uninstall.

See Also: How to Uninstall HP Accelerometer in Windows 10

Step 2. Reboot Your PC

A PC reboot is needed to make the change take effect.

Step 3. Download and Update HP Accelerometer Driver

Once you successfully reboot Windows 10, you could click here to manually download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard from HP’s official website. Alternatively, you could use a trusted HP driver download and update utility like Driver Talent to automatically get it for you.

See Also: 2 Ways to Download and Update HP Accelerometer Driver for Windows 10

You may also like to check out:

  • Nope. Doesn’t work. I have been trying to correct this fault on a brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro on an HP Probook 6570b. Accelerometer does not work. Uninstalled it and installed driver direct from HP. Error, this software does not work in Windows 10. See your device manufacturer….big joke there since HP is basically useless.
    Then their’s all these sites online trying to convince you that, if you use their software, it will magically fix this issue. Of course, it always fails because the drivers they try and install also fail, then you have this crappy driver updater software you have to remove, all the while praying it didn’t infect you with something.
    I know better than to come to sites like this, but when you’re desperate because nothing else is working you sometimes make choices against you better judgement. In this case I’m not. I’m not going to download your software that I know won’t work anyway. The driver you link to doesn’t work, it gets a command line error about being unable to find a path. If you try manually installing using device manager, it just gets an error and fails to install. This is with the Fall 2017 creators version being installed on a formatted hard drive. People should realize that in 90% of cases, driver updater software is now useless since Microsoft has Windows 10 automatically install and update your drivers now. In the remaining 10% of cases that are a problem, driver updaters are not going solve it anyway.

    • Thanks for confirming what I’ve long suspected. Very well put. Just “updated” (??) my Windows 10 (well, I didn’t; they did) and once again the nightmare begins. Does anybody know whatever happened to “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>