A great number of users report that there’s a watermark with version details above the clock in the lower right corner of the desktop, such as “Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586”. If you can’t bear seeing this, you could try the following two methods to remove the test mode watermark in Windows 10.
About Windows 10 Test Mode
The kernel-mode code signing policy requires that all Windows 10 drivers shall be digitally signed by Microsoft. But that’s not so practicable and pretty time-consuming. Therefore, Microsoft added the Test Mode to enable developers of drivers to test programs without having to provide an authentication certificate. Under the Windows 10 test mode, users can load and install unsigned drivers, and the Windows 10 test mode watermark will display.
Method 1. Use Command Prompt to Remove Test Mode Watermark in Windows 10
To remove the test mode watermark in Windows 10, you could use Command Prompt to fix it. Follow these steps:
Step 1. Open Command Prompt as an Administrator
Step 2. Type in the following command and hit Enter
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
Step 3. Enter the command below and press Enter
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
Step 4. Close the Command Prompt window
Step 5. Reboot your computer to make changes take effect
Method 2. Watermark Remover Utility
You could also apply a simple watermark remover utility to get rid of the Windows 10 test mode watermark. The commonly-used tools include Universal Watermark Disabler, Remove Watermark, etc.
Remember to reboot your computer after you run the water remover software to get rid of the watermark, the test mode watermark will be removed from your Windows 10 desktop.
In case you find other workarounds for removing the test mode watermark in Windows 10, please share them in the comment below.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Access Advanced Boot Options in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- How to Determine If Windows 10 Is 32-bit or 64-bit
- How to Connect to a VPN in Windows 10
- How to Enable or Disable Game Mode in Windows 10
- Fix Slow Computer – Fast Speed Up Your Computer on Windows 10
- How to Fix “Location Is Not Available” or “Access Is Denied” in Windows 10
- How to Fix Corrupted System Files with SFC /scannow in Windows
- How to Fix Boot Error 0xc000000f in Windows 10