Drivers are software and codes that allow a computer to communicate with hardware and devices. Only with the correct drivers can your computer run smoothly and properly. What drivers do I need to install for a new computer, or what drivers do I need to install after building/formatting my computer? If you are confused at getting drivers for your computer, read the content below.
What Drivers Do I Need to Install for a New Computer?
If you buy a PC, build a computer, or format a computer, you definitely need drivers to install on it. The drivers you need to get depend on the hardware & devices installed in your computer, as well as the Windows Operating System you are using.
The common drivers that a computer uses typically include:
- A motherboard driver, such as Intel motherboard driver, AMD motherboard driver, Asus motherboard driver, Gigabyte motherboard driver, MSI motherboard driver, etc.
- A display card driver (also called a graphics card driver), which enables your screen displays normally with good resolution.
- A network adapter driver, which allows your computer to connect to the Internet.
- An audio driver (also called a sound driver), which allows your computer to “make sound”. For example, with t a correct audio driver, you can hear sound from your computer and can input sound into your computer.
- Keyboard and mouse drivers, which allows you to use your keyboard and mouse to input and output data.
If your computer has other connected devices, you need to download the corresponding drivers, say, if there is a connected printer driver, you need to install a printer driver.
How to Download and Install Drivers for a New Computer on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista?
When it comes to drivers, the very important thing you need to pay attention to is getting the correct drivers. A correct driver means that the driver is the exact one for the hardware and for your Windows Operating System. For example, if the computer uses a MSI motherboard n1996, and the computer is on Windows 10, 64 bit, then you have to get the MSI motherboard n1996 driver for Windows 10, 64 bit. Other MSI motherboard drivers won’t work on your computer and they may cause corrupts and errors.
It’s difficult to manually find the exactly correct drivers for your new PC. But if you have a professional device driver download utility, like Driver Talent, things will get much easier. It will help to check what drivers your computer need, and quickly download & install the correct drivers.
Click “Repair” to start getting the drivers.
You can also go to the “Peripheral Drivers” menu to install USB drivers.