How to Disable Hibernation in Windows 10/8.1/8/7
If you don’t use the hibernate feature on your PC, you could disable it to save disk space. Here is a guide on how to disable hibernation in Windows 10/8.1/8/7.
1. Disable Hibernation in Windows 10/8.1/8
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to disable hibernation in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
Step 1. Right-click the Start button and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
Step 2. Type the command below and hit Enter:
powercfg.exe /hibernate off
Step 3. Once the command is executed, close the Command Prompt window.
2. Disable Hibernation in Windows 7
You could also use the Command Prompt to disable Hibernation in Windows 7.
Step 1. Click the Start button and type “cmd” in the search box.
Step 2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
Step 3. Type the command below and hit Enter:
powercfg /hibernate off
Step 4. Exit the Command Prompt window.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Tell If Your Computer Has Bluetooth
- How to Determine If Windows 10 Is 32-bit or 64-bit
- How to Remove Test Mode Watermark in Windows 10
- How to Enter Safe Mode in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- How to Launch Command Prompt on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
If you have any questions or ideas about how to disable hibernation in Windows 10/8.1/8/7, don’t hesitate to leave comments below. Any other PC issues, like no WiFi, PC slow, no sound, USB not working, Bluetooth not available, mouse and keyboard not working, please check for solutions in the Windows 10 Fix section.
This is the better way to keep your windows healthy.
hibernation actually make the balance of your laptop battery. but it causes harm devices.
Gute Arbeit. Danke.