The Start Menu can be regarded as the entrance to most of the operations of the Windows 10 computer. When you click the Start button to open the menu, the Start menu is not open, so the start button is not working. Click the Start button but no response, which is literally a headache. But don’t worry. I will introduce multiple solutions to fix the Start button not working issue.
There are many reasons why the Start menu of Windows 10 doesn’t open, some of them are as follows：
1. Corrupt drivers
3. Windows Explorer
4. Windows Update
Method 1: Update Windows
Windows user feedback serves as a log of errors on the system, and system development updates contain fixes for these errors. So you can update your system first as this can fix various errors. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest version.
Method 2: Update Drivers
Drivers play an important role in the synchronization of the device with the system. Therefore, users must take care to update all drivers to the latest version as there is a possibility that previous versions of drivers are corrupted so you face many errors in your system.
You can simply leave the task of updating drivers to the professional driver software, Driver Talent. The software will automatically update all device drivers to the latest correct version without the need to research manually.
1) You can download and install Driver Talent on your computer.
2) Run it and click Scan. Then Driver Talent will search for your computer with the missing or corrupted drivers.
3) Click Install All to get drivers updated.
Then you will see Driver Talent update your outdated and corrupted drivers easily and quickly for your computer.
Method 3: Reboot Windows 10
Restarting the system can reload all the settings in the memory at startup and the system will go through a refreshed startup, which may help solve some problems.
1) Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open Run, and type cmd. Click OK, as shown in the image below.
2) Now type shutdown /r and press Enter, then your system will be restarted.
Method 4: Scan for malware
Due to infected files, also called malware, various errors occur in the system. These files can slowly infect the system and then cause various service failures on the system. Therefore, you must scan your system regularly to ensure that there is no malware on your system.
Method 5: Reset Windows 10
Windows provides its users with a feature called “Reset” which allows them to restore the system to its default settings without making any changes to the data.
1) Use Windows+I to open Settings and click on Update & Security.
2) Click Recovery and select Get start under Reset this PC.
Method 6: Restart Explorer
Windows Explorer ensures that all programs are running efficiently on the system, so if there are any problems with the system programs, then try restarting Windows Explorer and the problem will be solved.
1) Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and Task Manager will launch.
2) Right-click on “Windows Explorer” and select “Restart“.
Then you will see your desktop blink a few times, and the taskbar may actually disappear. Give the computer a few minutes to automatically reboot the Windows Explorer process. After this, select the Windows 10 Start menu and check if the issues are now fixed.
Method 7: Unhide Taskbar
You have to make sure that the taskbar is locked in the settings so that it is easier to find the reason why the Windows 10 Start button won’t open, and you can also fix the problem.
1) Press Windows + I on your keyboard to open Settings, and then click Personalization.
2) Click on Taskbar, then under the Lock Taskbar heading, toggle the switch to off.
Method 8: Run a system scan
Windows provides users with a “System Scan” feature that allows them to locate and fix various errors in the system.
1) Use shortcut Windows + R to open the Run. Type “cmd” and click “OK“.
2) Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter key.
Then there will be a system scan on your computer.
Method 9: System Restore
Windows provides its users with a feature called System Restore, which helps you restore your system to the last saved restore point. By restoring the system to that point, users can fix the error.
Every little function contribute to our entire work. You may never realize that the Start button can play such a vital role in daily lives, and the inconvenience it can cause when it doesn’t work.
In this essay, I introduced the reason why the start menu doesn’t work, and also discussed 9 ways to troubleshoot it. If you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to make comments below.